Calling all Leaders!
Open to rising 10th-12th graders; canidates must interview with the Directors, and complete all required paperwork and training as required by state licensing for child day programs. This is a unique opportunity for candidates to learn and apply leadership skills. Operated under the management staff of YMCA Camp Red Feather, candidates will participate in classroom and field settings that will help develop character.
Each Intern will receive a staff mentor and then become a mentor to a camper, ultimately applying all skills learned in a licensed, accredited day camp. Candidates will receive a safe, quality experience which will awaken interests, create cultural awareness, forge new friendships and promote skills such as communication, creativity, problem solving, small and large group work, and counseling.
Interns are campers participating in a training program to prepare them to take on the prestigious role of a future Camp Red Feather staff member. Throughout the summer, interns gain skills and principles to become the best leaders they can be!
- To have fun and develop meaningful relationships and friendships.
- To enhance leadership skills.
- To teach the philosophies, goals and high expectations of the Camp Red Feather experience.
- To increase understanding of leadership concepts and practices.
- To increase understanding of the camper and issues facing today's youth.
- To develop knowledge of communication and problem solving skills.
- To help facilitate personal growth in areas of spirit, mind and body.
- To provide challenging and thought provoking opportunities and discussions.
- To assist in reaching one's God-given talents and abilities
*Application deadline May 15.