YMCA of South Hampton Roads celebrates pre-opening of The Y at Edinburgh with Open House event March 4th
Chesapeake VA, February 28, 2017 – The YMCA of South Hampton Roads is happy to announce the opening of its 19th location—The Y at Edinburgh. The public is invited to preview the location at an Open House scheduled for Saturday March 4th from 8am-1pm. The event will feature tours of the nearly 12,000 square foot facility, located at 1933 Edwin Dr., suite 101 in Southern Chesapeake in the Sentara Edinburgh building. On display during the open house will be the innovative equipment, classes, and training opportunities new to the YMCA of South Hampton Roads exclusively through this new location, and an opportunity to be entered to win a free 90 day membership by attending. The Y at Edinburgh will officially open Monday March 6th.
This location is meant to complement the nearby, full-service Great Bridge/Hickory and Currituck family centers, and with the selection of state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, combined focus on personal/group training opportunities, and group exercise classes focused on high intensity interval training, is the ideal spot for anyone looking to add to their routine.
The Y at Edinburgh features:
- Functional training pieces new to the YMCA of South Hampton Roads, meant to emphasize core stability through upper and lower body strengthening, such as the Precor Queenax™ suspension system, HOIST MotionCage, and Tire Flip 180.
- Nearly 30 group exercise classes offered each week focusing on high intensity interval training, including BOXMASTER® and Power Yoga.
- Adaptive and versatile cardio pieces great for advanced athletes or those coming off of injury rehabilitation, like the Stairmaster® HIITMill X that packs explosive high intensity and self-powered resistance.
- Personal and small group training at member discounts, with a fitness coach on hand at all times to assist.
- Large group exercise studio.
- Private changing rooms with showers.
- Complimentary childcare while you exercise.
As an extension of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads, membership to The Y at Edinburgh also gives you access to 18 other Y locations across South Hampton Roads, Northeastern North Carolina, and the Eastern Shore of Virginia, as well as access to mostly all locations in Virginia and North Carolina through the reciprocal membership program.
New members to the Y at Edinburgh can enjoy no joining fee when they join through April 1st!
About the YMCA of South Hampton Roads
The YMCA of South Hampton Roads is a nonprofit, community-based health and human services organization that serves over 250,000 children and families throughout Coastal Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina. More than 30% of those families receive financial assistance through the Open Doors program, whose funding is made available by the generosity of donors, helping them achieve their full potential in spirit, mind and body. The Y’s doors are open to people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.