We're here to help you live healthy.
Every day, people from all walks of life come together at the Y with a shared commitment of helping our community learn, grow and thrive. We've recently installed all new cardio and strength equipment at most YMCA family centers, and our staff members are trained and ready to support and guide you in your quest to live healthy.
Get started with FitQuest—your personal wellness plan.
Earn points and rewards for being active! Our FitQuest program is a customized plan based on your goals and fitness level, and you can even link to your wearable fitness devices to track activity. Make an appointment with a trained FitQuest Coach who will:
- Introduce you to the equipment
- Customize a personal wellness plan for you, based on your goals and abilities
- Show you how to use the online tools to track your nutrition and activity
- Offer you continuous support and motivation
Meet new friends.
- Group exercise classes are a great way to meet new friends and to have a great time while working out! Classes cover a wide range of activities that will get you up and moving, help you get stronger, improve flexibility and reduce stress.
- Whether your goal is to lose weight, to eat better or just to be more active, you'll learn healthy habits in Y-Change, a six-week program with education sessions, group workouts and support from new friends with similar goals.
- Enjoy friendly competition in recreational and sports activities.
We believe sports, fun and exploring new interests aren’t just for the young. A wide variety of fun activities will help you and your family live your healthiest.
- Sports & Recreation
- Special Events
- Family Golf at The First Tee
- Stay & Play - complimentary child care, up to two hours, while you work out.
- Interactive Zone
- Parents Night Out
Stay in the know.
Download our mobile app "YMCA of South Hampton Roads" for iOS and Android devices to view classes, events and more.
Subscribe to text alerts about weather-related closures. Text the keyword "YMCAAlert" to 84483. Standard text messaging rates apply.