177 YEARS OF BUILDING COMMUNITY
Founded by Sir George Williams in London in 1844, the Y has a long history of dedicated work focused on building a better and stronger world. June 6, 2021 marks 177 years of work that has since traversed oceans and time zones, impacting people at every age and stage of life.
Did you know that:
- Basketball was invented at the YMCA's International Training School in 1891 (and that volleyball was also invented at the Y!)
- The Y in Spokane, Washington hosted the very first Father's Day celebration in 1910
- Henry Dunant, the world's very first Nobel Peace Prize winner, cofounded the Swiss branch of the YMCA and founded the Red Cross
- Robert J. Roberts, the Y's first Physical Education teacher, coined the term "Bodybuilding"
- The Y is in all 50 states, and in over 120 countries around the world!
Celebrate and SAVE June 6-14
Virtual Y Savings
1 Year Virtual Y Membership for $18.44
Save $41.56 with promo code 1844
Save on Swim Lessons
1 Session of group swim lessons for $18.44
Save $21.56 with promo code 1844
Save on Personal Training
Get $18.44 off a 4 pack (or more) of Personal Training
Save with promo code 1844
Save on a Gift Card
Pay just $18.44 for a $30 Gift Card
In-person only; limit one per person
Save on 24-Hour Access
$18.44 for 1-year of 24-Hour Access*
Save $41.44 with promo code 1844
Save on Before & After School
$18.44 Before & After-School Registration Fee
Save $56.56 with promo code 1844
*24-Hour Access add on special is valid for new enrollees only.
Get your Founders Day T-shirt
Get your Founders Day T-shirt for just $18.44! We are SURE this is what Sir George Williams wore the day he founded the YMCA in London in 1844. See your YMCA location for purchase, while supplies last!