Leaving a Legacy
Making a planned gift to the Y offers a flexible and simple way to combine philanthropy with financial planning. In fact, a planned gift may help you give more to the Y than you thought possible, while still providing you or someone you designate with favorable financial and/or tax benefits. Planned gifts to the Y are about planning for the future; your future and the future of children and families. To meet your specific needs, a variety of gift options are available. While each planned gift is different, these gifts can offer significant financial or tax benefits while ensuring that future generations will benefit from Y services.
Your Gift Makes a Difference
- Offer programs to an ever-expanding number of children and families
- Instill the values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith
- Ensure the long-term financial strength of the YMCA
For more information about leaving a legacy, contact Nancy Moore at (757) 648-8795.
What to Give
- Stock, Mutual Fund, or Bonds
- Real Estate
- Retirement Plans
- Bank, Brokerage and Other Accounts
- Personal Property
The Heritage Society
Membership in the Heritage Society is open to those who wish to join the tradition of creating a lasting legacy. These gifts are made in a will or trust, or by making the YMCA a beneficiary of a retirement plan or insurance policy. The Heritage Society is our way of recognizing a remarkable contribution to the YMCA of South Hampton Roads that will continue to have a lasting impact for generations to come.
- Satisfaction that your wishes for the YMCA will continue long into the future
- Personalized membership certificate
- Invitations to the annual Heritage Society member event and special events
- Reduction in estate taxes
- Reduction in income taxes
- Reduction or elimination of capital gains tax
Y volunteers share the inspiration that drives them
FUNDRAISE FOR THE Y
Every year, volunteers help the Y raise over $2 million to help make sure that the Y is open to everyone in our communities, regardless of their ability to pay. Make a difference in your community by becoming a YMCA fundraiser.