Prayer Breakfast for Ukraine
Supporting Ukrainians in Crisis
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Friday, April 22 • 8am–9am
Williams School Gym (inside the Blocker Norfolk Family YMCA)
312 W. Bute Street, Norfolk, VA 23510
Anyone interested in coming together in prayer to support Ukrainians is encouraged to attend. The event is free and open to the public. RSVP requested at ymcashr.org/ukraine/rsvp by midnight on April 21, 2022.
Interfaith prayer breakfast and fundraiser to support Ukrainian citizens with funding for refugee supplies and the power of prayer for peace and safety. Attendees may contribute to their desired level which may be in prayer or may include monetary donations.
Friday, April 22, 2022 from 8-9am
The Williams School gymnasium inside Blocker Norfolk Family YMCA, 312 W. Bute Street, Norfolk, VA 23510
YMCAs in Ukraine, Romania, Moldova, and Slovakia have been providing humanitarian response to 15,000 citizens daily inside Ukraine’s borders and 40,000 at and beyond the border. Additional funding is needed to sustain efforts. €560,000 has been raised by Ys across the world with a goal to reach €2 million to continue providing the most critical and needed services which include:
- Food, medicine and basic needs
- Transportation and evacuation support
- Temporary shelter
- Children’s boxes to support and nurture
- Mental health support and resources
- Refugee assistance including food, accommodations, psychological and social counseling)
- Finding and feeding animals left behind, and
- Support to re-establish long-term peace and reconciliation, cooperation and youth programs between Ukraine, Russia and Belarus
Welcome reception and breakfast buffet
Blessing - Reverend Dr. Kirk T. Houston, Sr.
Welcome message - Anthony Walters and Steve Romine
Prayer - Reverend Dr. Kirk T. Houston, Sr.
Mingling & networking