Vaccine Drop-In Child Care
Drop-In Child Care While You Get Vaccinated
In support of removing barriers to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, the YMCA of South Hampton Roads is offering free, drop-in child care during vaccination appointments for parents and caregivers who need it.
Drop-in care is available for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years of age. Membership is not required to use this service, however, you must reserve your space at least 24 hours in advance, as space is limited. Each child receiving care must have their own reservation.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- A YMCA account is required and each child who will be in care must be added to that account. Membership is not required to create a YMCA account.
- Masks are required in child care & youth programs
- Please view our Drop-In Care guidelines
- Caregivers must check their child in AND out of the Y
- During check-in, please confirm your Emergency Contact information and let staff know if there are any extraordinary notes/concerns to be aware of (like allergies)
Already a Y member with an account?
- Click the purple Reserve Your Spot button
- Click "Login" in the yellow box next to the session you would like to reserve
Not a member? Follow the steps below to create an account
- To create an account, click the purple Reserve Your Spot button
- Click Create an account in the yellow box next to the sessions
- Account passwords must be 10 characters and have at least 1 letter and 1 number
- Add your address
- You'll then add each child needing care to your account by clicking My Account and My Family and Add New Family Member.
- Once each child has been added, you can click Make a Reservation in the top right menu to get back to the calendar.