Volunteer to Coach
Inspire youth to get active and reach their full potential as a YMCA volunteer coach. YMCA sports create a healthy outlet for children and teens to gain new skills, develop a sense of team and connect with positive role models. As a volunteer coach, you'll:
- Teach skills related to the sport.
- Keep team practices and games organized.
- Answer questions about the team and season.
- Encourage family involvement and coordinate parent assistance.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players.
- Give each child an equal opportunity to participate.
- Follow the Y's medical emergency procedures if a player is injured and complete the medical emergency record form after the emergency.
- Allow all players to play at least half the game.
- Make necessary phone calls or hold meetings.
- Communicate with the YMCA director on all matters of policy.