WHAT IS CORE?
Group Core® trains you like an athlete in 30 action-packed minutes. A strong core, from your shoulders to your hips, will improve your athletic performance, help prevent back pain, and give you ripped abs! Expert coaching and motivating music will guide you through functional and integrated exercises using your body weight, weight plates, a towel, and a platform – all to challenge you like never before. HARD CORE!
WHAT WILL I DO?
Your workout session will consist of 5 tracks that have very specific training objectives. Each track is supported with great music to push you through a variety of exercises:
1. CorePREP – Quickly warms you up and gets you ready to tackle the workout.
2. CoreMAX – Uses maximum muscle and effort to train your core using functional, athletic movements in a circuit training approach.
3. CoreINTEGRATION – Uses a circuit training approach that includes total-body exercises focusing on the back and glutes.
4. CoreSTABILITY – Hones in on the muscles that keep the spine stable – control is the name of the game.
5. CoreMOBILITY – Brings it home with traditional abdominal training – your abs will be burning!
IS IT FOR ME?
Core will be ideal for:
• Anyone seeking an athletic training session
• Anyone wanting toned abs
• Those needing to be faster, quicker, and stronger
• Individuals who are short on time and need a challenging, quick workout
• Athletes, former athletes, and aspiring athletes
• Those into the latest trending training methods
Where can I take a class?
With the exception of The Indian River, Effingham, Greenbrier North, Greenbrier Family, and Taylor Bend Family YMCAs, you can now participate in Group Core! Check your Y's group exercise schedule for class times and more!