Volunteers are vital to the Y. Without them, we wouldn't be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. Thank you for considering the Y as a place to donate your time and talents. We know that they are precious and want every moment you spend with us to be worthwhile.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community. Contact the executive director at your local YMCA to learn about volunteer opportunities at your Y. To become a program volunteer, download our Volunteer application and bring it to your YMCA family center.
Togetherhood is a member-led community service program that invites Y members to activate their social responsibility by participating in the Y’s cause to strengthen community. Togetherhood provides Y members with fun, convenient and rewarding ways to give back and support their neighbors.
The program is run through YMCA family centers as a partnership between a committee of members and a Y Staff Advisor. It is designed to be a simple, fun and rewarding way for members to identify ways that they can give back and support their neighbors through their own ideas, skills and energy, and the network of the Y.
Other Volunteer Positions