24/7 Fitness Access
24 hours, 7 days, 52 weeks
Work out on your schedule with 24/7 fitness access to the Y.
HOW IT WORKS
- 24/7 access is available as a membership add-on and provides access to wellness floors and restrooms
- 24/7 access available for ages 18+ with valid photo on file
- Facilities will be monitored 24/7 with state of the art security equipment
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Upgrade your membership to 24/7 access for $4.99 per adult/month (First responders receive this membership add-on at no additional fee)
- Agree to the 24/7 access waiver
- On each visit to the Y after hours, complete the COVID-19 self screening and use your existing YMCA keytag to scan into the facility.
24-Hour Access Honor Code Policy
The YMCA has a strict honor code based on our values of honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. If a member fails to abide by the policies established or follow member conduct guidelines, their 24-hour access and their membership will be revoked without refund. Violations of the Honor Code with trespassing, theft, and other crimes may lead to prosecution.
As a member with 24-hour access, you may use the Fitness Center area of the Y at any time.* The Y will be staffed during normal operating hours. There will be no YMCA staff on hand after normal operating hours to assist members. After normal operating hours end, the following areas will be unavailable:
- Group Exercise Rooms
- Pool & Locker Rooms
- Gymnasiums (no basketball available)
- Indoor Running Track
- Drop-in Childcare
- Member Services and Offices
*SilverSneakers/RenewActive members may add 24-hour Access to their membership and use any participating SilverSneakers/Renew Active location.
24-hour access is limited to adults, age 18 and older. Members who violate this policy may lose their membership privileges.
Day pass guests are only allowed to use the YMCA during normal business hours when a YMCA staff member is on duty. No guests are allowed to utilize the 24-hour access.
Safety and Security
Please be aware that your personal access code is to be used only for your entrance into the facility. Members with 24-hour access cannot grant access to others, even if they are known to them. Granting access to another individual is grounds for immediate termination of membership.
For members to have the added benefit of the 24-Hour access program, the YMCA must have a photo ID secured on file. This is required for any member that wants to participate in the 24-Hour access program.
The YMCA has a 24-hour video recording system for security purposes. It will be reviewed daily to address any security concerns and monitor who is entering the building. Please note that this system does not provide staffing assistance for any emergency that might arise. A telephone is located at the Member Services desk and the Wellness Center Desk in case of emergency. In the event of an emergency, always dial 9 first to gain access to a phone line that will reach outside the building, then dial 911.
If the Y loses power after normal operating hours, 24-hour access will not be available.
Members with 24-hour access will be notified of closures for inclement weather that result in unsafe conditions via the YMCA App and/or text alerts.
Family Center Closure
The YMCA of South Hampton Roads reserves the right to close Centers and 24-hour access as the situation warrants. Regularly scheduled Church services at the Princess Anne YMCA on Sunday mornings, special events, and severe weather are all examples of when 24-Hour access may not be available. The YMCA will notify members through the Mobile App and Text alert system when unexpected closures occur.
Access Code Entry
24-hour members must use their own access code for entry. In the event that your access code does not work, please call the YMCA during normal operating hours for assistance. Members are also required to scan out when they exit the facility. Please use the same entrance and exit location when enjoying the 24-hour benefit. Emergency exits are available to use in the event of an emergency.
To complete enrollment in the YMCA of South Hampton Roads 24-Hour Access program you must agree to and initial each of the following policies:
- I understand that I must follow the YMCA COVID-19 pre-screening program every time to enter the YMCA facility, even when using the 24-hour access model. If I have a temperature ≥100.4°F or any of the other posted COVID-19 symptoms I will not enter and use the YMCA facility.
- I will wipe down all wellness equipment with the provided disinfectant wipes before and after use.
- I understand that I must provide the Y with contact information changes (address, phone, email) as they occur.
- I understand that 24-hour access is limited to adults, age 18 and older and that if I provide access to someone under the age of 18 my membership will be canceled immediately and without refund.
- I understand that my 24-hour access pass is exclusive to me and that I may not give anyone else access to use it.
- I understand that I am not allowed to bring any guest or member without 24-hour access with me into the Family Center and that doing so will result in the immediate cancellation of my membership. I also understand that if I allow access to anyone, that is considered trespassing and legal action will be taken toward myself and the trespasser.
- I understand that the YMCA of South Hampton Roads highly recommends that you have an adult workout partner, who also has 24-hour membership access, accompany you while using the YMCA during unstaffed hours. The YMCA of South Hampton Roads uses 24-hour video monitoring of our Centers for security purposes. This system does not provide staffing assistance for emergencies but is reviewed daily to address any security concerns and to monitor building access. It is likely that should you require immediate assistance, none will be provided.
- I understand that I will be charged $4.99 per month as part of my continuous membership plan in addition to my regular monthly membership dues in order to use the Y 24-hours per day and that I must give the YMCA a 30-day written notice to stop my monthly draft.
Please note that no staff will be on duty. Use of fitness center is at your own risk.
THE FOLLOWING ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- Use of profanity toward members and staff.
- Providing entry to the facility after normal operating hours to a member or non-member who does not have 24-hour access.
- Carrying a gym bag or another large bag around the main facility while exercising. Please use free kit lockers for small valuables.
- Providing personal training, consulting, instruction or coaching to other members.
- Theft or destruction of equipment, parts or merchandise.
- Theft from another member or of any contents in the facility.
- Use of equipment in a manner different than intended by the manufacturer.
- Failing to wear shoes, or wearing open-toe shoes, sandals or flip-flops.
- Selling merchandise and/or products of any kind.
- Alcohol and/or drug consumption on the premises.
- Entering the facility under the influence of any substance that impairs the member’s physical or mental ability to function normally.
- No food, except for sports drinks and water, is allowed on the fitness floor.
- Physical and verbal confrontations. These will result in revocation of membership for all involved.
- Taking photos or videos of other members in the facility.
- Use of camera or video equipment (including cell phone) in restrooms.
- Using another member’s scan card or providing another member’s information to purchase items or check-in to the facility.
- No weapons of any type are allowed inside the facility.
- No basketball is allowed at any time. This includes no individual basketball practice.
- Projecting phone calls or music. Any personal music usage requires headphones or earbuds.
- Use of areas in the facilities that are closed/gated.
24-hour access is limited to adults, ages 18 and older. 24-hour access will only be granted to those who meet this age requirement. Members who violate this policy will lose their membership privileges.
- Day pass guests are only allowed in the Y’s during normal business hours when a YMCA staff member is on duty.
- No guests are allowed to utilize the 24-hour access area after business hours, as it is a program for members only.
- Please be aware that your access code is to be used only for your own entrance into the facility. Members with 24-hour access cannot grant access to others, even if they are known to you or members of your family. This is done so the Y can track who is in the building at all times. Granting access to another individual is grounds for immediate termination of membership.
- Members with 24-hour access can utilize the Wellness Center at their own risk.
ACCESS CODE ENTRY
- 24-hour members will be required to use their own access code for entry.
- In the event that your access code does not work, please call the Y during normal operating hours for assistance.
- Please use the same entrance and exit location when enjoying the 24-hour benefit. Emergency exits are available to use only in the event of an emergency.
- All guests/members must provide a valid ID during the enrollment process for 24-hour access. A recent photograph must be saved on your YMCA account.
EMERGENCY SITUATIONS & VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
- The Y has a 24-hour video recording system for security purposes. It will be reviewed on a daily basis to address any security concerns and monitor who is entering the building.
- Please note that this system does not provide staffing assistance for any emergency that might arise.
- A telephone is located at the fitness desk in case of emergency. In the event of an emergency, immediately dial 911. Dial 9 for an outside line, then 911 when using the YMCA facility phone.
- During non-business hours on heavy snow days, snow removal will not be in place until staff are present (later if there is a delay in operating hours).
- Members with 24-hour access will be notified of closures for inclement weather that result in unsafe conditions via the YMCA app and/or text alert system.
- If there is loss of power in the building, please immediately follow the emergency exit signs and contact the Y through the after hours number.
- First Response medical alert necklaces are available at the fitness desk as an option to wear during after hours facility visits. Sanitize and return to the designated location after use.
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
- Always dial 9 first to get an outside line then the number below:
- Call 911 first for any medical emergency or at-risk safety (police) situation
- Emergency Number: 911
- Nonemergency Police/Fire:
- Chesapeake: (757) 382-6161
- Elizabeth City: (252) 331-1500
- Norfolk: (757) 441-5610
- Outer Banks: (252) 473-3444
- Portsmouth: (757) 393-5300
- South Boston: (434) 575-4271
- Suffolk: (757) 923-2350
- Virginia Beach: (757) 385-5000
- Poison Control: 1 (800) 222-1222
- YMCA after-hours number (Select option 8 for the on-call manager and leave a message. Urgent situations will be handled as soon as possible. Non-emergencies will be handled the next business day. Not being able to gain access is not considered an emergency.)
- Albemarle: (252) 334-9622
- Granby: (757) 965-2322
- Greenbrier: (757) 547-9622
- Great Bridge/Hickory: (757) 546-9622
- Hilltop: (757) 422-3805
- Mt. Trashmore: (757) 456-9622
- Outer Banks: (252) 449-8897
- Portsmouth: (757) 483-9622
- Princess Anne: (757) 410-9557
- South Boston: (434) 288-0111
- Suffolk: (757) 934-9622
- Taylor Bend: (757) 638-9622
The privilege of 24-hour access may be revoked at any time. Violators of the guidelines, policies and procedures for 24-hour access are subject to 24-hour termination, permanent membership termination, and/or prosecution if deemed appropriate.
- Great Bridge/Hickory Family YMCA
- Princess Anne Family YMCA
- Taylor Bend Family YMCA
- YMCA on Granby
- Albemarle Family YMCA
- Hilltop Family YMCA
- Outer Banks Family YMCA
- Suffolk Family YMCA
- Greenbrier Family YMCA
- Mt. Trashmore Family YMCA
- YMCA of Portsmouth
- YMCA of South Boston/Halifax County
- Currituck Family YMCA
- Eastern Shore Family YMCA
- Indian River Family YMCA
- James L. Camp Jr. Family YMCA
- Northampton County YMCA
- YMCA at Edinburgh