Additional Military Membership Benefits
We salute you with special member benefits for military families.
At the Y, we know that the sacrifices made by our military service members and families can mean missed milestones, holidays spent miles apart and less quality time together with family and friends. You work to make a better us—and for that, we salute you with our Military Value Added membership benefits. We want the Y to be the place you come together to rebuild any lost time or missed opportunities, and to focus on yourself and your loved ones.
As an active duty service member, we would like you to enjoy these exclusive membership benefits:
- Never pay a joining fee—a savings of up to $75 (to have this waived, please stop by the Welcome Desk at any facility with your military ID)
- Complimentary $40 voucher to be used for any program of your choice (one voucher per active duty member; not redeemable for membership fees and not transferrable)
- Flexibility to activate and deactivate membership during deployment
- First Tee Military Voucher Program: We are thrilled to announce the Edward T. Bedford Foundation and the Stanley Blaxton Foundation have renewed their support for our Military Voucher Program. To apply this to your next program, you can come in to First Tee — Hampton Roads and complete a form, show proof of military status and enroll your child(ren) into an upcoming class or camp. The voucher will extend a $50 discount, per child, per program. Please note: You must present this voucher at time of registration—we cannot issue a refund once your child has been registered.
- Up to two Military Appreciation Events per year at each YMCA family center, exclusive to you and your family as a token of our appreciation for your service.
Thank you for your service!