A Holiday Message from Anthony Walters, President & CEO
On behalf of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy, safe holiday season. Thank you to our members, volunteers, staff and community partners for being a part of our efforts to transform lives and community.
As 2023 comes to a close, we give thanks to you for fueling our Y’s impact. Because of you:
- 7,500 children were empowered and protected with life-saving skills through water safety and swim lessons
- More than 2,000 kids created priceless experiences, friendships and lasting memories at summer camp
- 4,400 teens found an accepting and safe space to discover their potential
- 30,272 seniors stayed active and engaged in wellness classes and social activities
- 38,374 community members received financial assistance, ensuring everyone can access our programs and services, regardless of ability to pay
This is the season of hope, renewed optimism and joy. In 2024, may we continue to uncover new opportunities to love and care for one another. Join us as we continue to be the place where everyone belongs, where health is achieved at every stage of life, and where youth are empowered to shape a brighter tomorrow.
May the holidays bring you and your family many blessings and inspiration for the coming year.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
President & CEO