Lap Swim Reservation Improvements
We've made some updates thanks to your feedback
We know in the last year, there have been a few changes in how you participate in some activities at the Y, including lap swim. In order to ensure you have the best experience possible, we recently asked for member feedback around the process of lap swim reservations, and are excited to announce that we have some updates for you to improve your experience.
Beginning August 16:
- You wanted more time to swim. We love that! Reservation times will be offered in varying times from 45–75 minutes and you may also make multiple reservations per day. There will be two swimmers allowed per lane.
- You didn't want lap lane spots wasted. If a reserved spot is a "no-show", the space will be released after 10 minutes and available for drop-in lap swim.
- You wanted flexibility. Some locations will have a single drop-in lane and/or an individual water fitness lane (ex. water walking, non-lap swim) available with no reservations needed, with use based on a first come, first served basis.
- Most of you wanted reservations to stay. Reserved lap swim lanes will remain in place at all centers so you can secure a spot to swim and hold yourself accountable for your fitness schedule.
We need your help to make these improvements work for all of our swimmers. Please help your Y community by:
- Canceling your reservation if you're unable to make it
- Following the identified lanes for non-reserved lap swim, reserved lap swim, and individual water fitness
We're so excited to launch these improvements starting August 16th and can't wait to see you on the pool deck!