At the Y, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others. We will demonstrate Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. Conflicts will be resolved in a respectful, honest and caring manner, never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated. No vulgar or abusive language and/or gestures will be tolerated at the YMCA.
In an effort to maximize playing time, the following guidelines will be enforced during all organized games of basketball at the YMCA of South Hampton Roads:
- If players are waiting, games will be put on a ten-minute time limit. If a game is not completed at the end of the allotted time, the team who is winning at that point wins the game. If the game is tied at the end of the allotted time, then the next team to score will win the game.
- Order of play will be determined by a list. The first ten names on the list start the first game. Players entering after that will put their name on the list. After a game is finished, the next five names on the list will play. Players’ names who are leaving the court after a loss will be entered back on the list in their original order.
- Winning team stays on the court for a maximum of two consecutive games. If the same team wins the second game and ten players are waiting to play, both teams will leave the court and the ten waiting players will play. If fewer than ten players are waiting, the next names on the list will play the winning team.
- Fighting or excessive physical contact will result in disciplinary action taken by the YMCA. Parties involved may be subject to membership termination.
- If a disputed call or foul cannot be resolved on the court, the decision will be made by the majority waiting to play.