The YMCA of South Hampton Roads follows YMCA National Guidelines* that restrict children under 12 years of age from hot tub, steam room and sauna use. Children 12 years of age must be supervised by an adult, and have a green necklace while in the hot tub. Children 13 years of age and older may use YMCA hot tubs without adult supervision.
- Cool down at least five minutes after exercising prior to use.
- Please shower before using the hot tub.
- A swim suit must be worn at all times.
- Use the hot tub only when others are present.
- Limit tub usage to ten minutes or less.
- Diving or jumping into the hot tub is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 may not use the hot tub, steam room or sauna.
- Use of body lotions, oils or suntan lotions is not permitted.
- Aerobic exercise in the hot tub is not allowed.
- Food or drinks are not permitted.
- Please do not use the hot tub if you are under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, anti-histamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics or tranquilizers.
- Do not submerge to the bottom.
Warning! Persons with the following conditions should not use the hot tub:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory Problems
- Emotional Disorders
- Stress/Anxiety Disorders
- Epilepsy or Seizure Disorders
Failure to follow these rules can result in serious or fatal injury.
*YUSA Medical Advisory Committee Recommendations