At the Y, we expect staff, members and guest to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others. We demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith by:
- Dressing appropriately, speaking in respectful tones and refraining from vulgar and derogatory language.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature
- Creating a safe, caring environment; no firearms or weapons are allowed on the premises with the exception of sworn law enforcement officers with proper identification.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or passing of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises; never using tobacco on or around YMCA premises
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct is essential. Noncompliance may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges.