Required Forms and other FAQs | School Year Child Care Programs

Below, you'll find more information about camp paperwork, payments, cancellation and communication, as well as contact information for our school year child care programs and child care team. Click each topic to expand for more information.

What paperwork is required and how do I submit it?

Because the YMCA of South Hampton Roads is a state-licensed childcare provider, some paperwork is required before your child can attend our child care programs. 

After you complete registration and check out, you'll find these forms in the My Requirements section of your YMCA account.

This paperwork includes:

  • Child's Information
  • Child's Proof of Identity
  • Child's Most Recent Physical & Immunization Record(VA) (NC)
  • Parent/Guardian Information
  • Child's Emergency Information
  • Additional Authorized Pickups
  • Medication consent (required if your child requires medication while in our care)
  • Allergy management plan (required if your child has diagnosed food allergies)
  • Non-Prescription Skin Products Authorization
  • Waivers

Please note that medication authorization and allergy management plan forms expire one year from the date the doctor authorized unless otherwise noted by the doctor.

When are child care payments due?

Before & After-School Child Care and Preschool Tuition Payments

A $75 nonrefundable enrollment fee also due at time of registration for before and after-school care and preschool. When enrolling for before & after-school child care or preschool, you enroll for the entire school year. Your tuition will automatically draft from your payment method on the Monday two weeks before the week for which the tuition is due.

What if I need to change or cancel my child's registration?

The Y requires a 14-day notice to cancel or change registration. This allows us to ensure proper staffing ratios and to offer a space to children on the waitlist. Let us know at least two weeks before the child care session you are canceling begins. If you don't cancel at least 14 days in advance, you will be responsible for that child care session's full tuition, and that fee will be drafted the Monday two weeks before the week for which the tuition is due.

Request a cancellation or change to care

Please note that enrollment fees are nonrefundable and are not transferrable.

What if I receive payment assistance for child care?

Because the Y is a state-licensed child care provider, we accept Department of Social Services (or DSS) and other third party payment assistance providers. Contact us by emailing and we'll help you register.