YMCA & Virginia Zoo Membership Swap
The Virginia Zoo is partnering with both the YMCA of South Hampton Roads and the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas to swap members during the month of September. For the fourth year, YMCA members will enjoy Zoo membership benefits and Zoo members will enjoy YMCA membership benefits.
Y members visiting the Virginia Zoo
Y members will enjoy free, unlimited admission to the Virginia Zoo during September, plus 10 percent discounts in the gift shop and foodservice locations. Discounts are not valid for special events and education programs.
- To visit the zoo, simply go to the zoo and show the email we sent you OR a member verification form (available at YMCA member services) along with a photo ID and your membership card (keytag or app) at the Zoo entrance, in the gift shop and at food service locations.
YMCA members who join the Virginia Zoo during the month of September can take advantage of two extra months – free – on a Virginia Zoo membership.
Virginia Zoo members visiting the Y
Members of the Virginia Zoo can visit any of the 21 YMCA of South Hampton Roads location to enjoy a safe place to exercise with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor and outdoor pools, group fitness classes, and child care while you work out.
- Zoo members show their valid Virginia Zoo membership card, photo ID, and complete a guest waiver form upon visiting any YMCA of South Hampton Roads or YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas location.
- You can activate your YMCA August membership online or visit your local YMCA.
- Pre-registration is recommended for lap swimming and fitness classes, but not to visit the Y. Pre-registration is not required for open swim, and hours vary by location.
- Zoo members can also take advantage of discounted member pricing on programs such as personal training and swim lessons in September.
Zoo members who join the Y in September will pay no joining fee, a savings up to $100.
Members of the Virginia Zoo can also visit any of the 14 YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas locations. For specific details about visiting those locations, visit ymcavp.org.