YMCA & Virginia Zoo Membership Swap
The Virginia Zoo is partnering with both the YMCA of South Hampton Roads and the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas to swap members during the month of August again for the third year!
Virginia Zoo members visiting the Y
Members of the Virginia Zoo can visit any of the 21 YMCA of South Hampton Roads location to enjoy a safe place to exercise with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor and outdoor pools, group fitness classes, and child care while you work out.
- You can activate your YMCA August membership online or by visiting your local YMCA.
- Pre-registration is required for lap swimming and fitness classes, but not to visit the Y. Pre-registration is not required for open swim, and hours vary by location.
- Zoo members can also take advantage of discounted member pricing on programs such as personal training and summer camp in the month of August.
- Zoo members show their valid Virginia Zoo membership card, photo ID, and complete a guest waiver form upon visiting any YMCA of South Hampton Roads or YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas location.
Zoo members who join the Y in August or September will pay no joining fee, a savings up to $100.
Members of the Virginia Zoo can also visit any of the 14 YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas locations. For specific details about visiting those locations, visit ymcavp.org.
Y members visiting the Virginia Zoo
Y members will enjoy free, unlimited admission to the Virginia Zoo during August, plus 10 percent discounts in the gift shop and foodservice locations. Discounts are not valid for special events and education programs.
- You will need the YMCA's promo code to receive a 100% discount on your zoo tickets.
- You must reserve timed tickets before arriving at the Zoo.
- Click to visit the reservation page
- Select the date and time you wish to enter the zoo (You have a one-hour window to enter the zoo, but you can stay until the zoo closes at 4pm)
- Select the number of adults, children, and senior tickets needed.
- On the next page, you will enter your YMCA barcode number.
- On the billing information page, you'll enter in your contact information and promo code, then click finish. If you reserve your visit to the zoo outside of this system without the promo code and pay for your entry, that payment is not refundable.
- You'll receive an email with your tickets.
- When you arrive at the zoo, you will need to show:
- Personal identification and
- A valid membership card (can use the bar code on the YMCA's app) and
- Email confirmation of membership OR completed membership verification form (available from YMCA member services)
YMCA members who join the Virginia Zoo during the month of August can take advantage of two extra months – free – on a Virginia Zoo membership.
Both the Zoo and the Y have modified operations due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit each organization's website before scheduling your visit for further details.