Fall Facility Hours Start Soon
With the end of summer comes changes in routines. For the Y, these changes signal the closure of our outdoor pools and a return to post-summer operations. Because of this, we have a few adjustments to remind you of that begin September 10th.
- Daytime hours in the Interactive Zone during the week sunset as our young people return to school
- Five YMCA locations return to post-summer hours, closing on Sundays
- First Tee–Hampton Roads adjusts hours beginning September 18th to be 8am–6:30pm
- Outdoor pools at most locations celebrate the end-of-summer season with their final day of fun on Labor Day, Monday, September 4th*
Sunday Closure Locations
- Currituck Family YMCA (24-Hour Access Location)
- Effingham Street Family YMCA (24-Hour Access available nearby at the YMCA of Portsmouth)
- Indian River Family YMCA (24-Hour Access location)
- Northampton County YMCA (24-Hour Access location)
- YMCA on Granby (24-Hour Access location)
As a YMCA of South Hampton Roads member, you get access to ALL YMCA locations. PLUS, 18 locations have a 24-Hour Access add-on option (just $4.99/month per person). Don't have 24-hour access yet? Add it now!
Don't forget the Virtual Y is always open and you can log-in any time with your YMCA facility barcode on your keytag. With hundreds of on-demand fitness classes from local instructors, enrichment activities for kids and weekly uploads with NEW fresh content, the Virtual Y is the perfect inclusion to your healthy living routine (from anywhere!).
*Outdoor Pool Season Ends
- Great Bridge/Hickory Family YMCA's outdoor pool will remain open on the weekends from 12–5pm through September 30th for open swim
- Princess Anne Family YMCA and Great Bridge/Hickory Family YMCA outdoor pools are heated and remain open all year for lap swimming
- Due to indoor pool renovations, the Greenbrier Family YMCA outdoor pool will remain open until September 10th