YMCA Camp Silver Beach has modified its COVID-19 protocol for the 2023 season based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Camp Association. We look forward to a fun, enriching summer with your camper!
- Campers will be required to produce a negative COVID-19 test (a photo of a home test with the date works fine) at check-in that has been administered 1-3 days before arriving.
- Anyone exhibiting signs of COVID-19 will be isolated and tested. A positive COVID test or a persistent fever will require parent/guardian pick-up.
- If a camper/counselor tests positive in your camper’s cabin, the rest of the cabin will be monitored for symptoms. Alterations to the daily schedule will be made at that point to allow campers to stay with their cabin group (when eating or participating in indoor activities) to mitigate the spread.
- Check-in will be entirely drive-thru this summer.
- Face masks may be worn at the discretion of the individual.
- We will be reverting to our pre-COVID activity schedule for the summer of 2023, where campers can choose their activities. However, if needed, we will cohort for activities at the discretion of the Executive Director and for the health and wellness of all campers and staff.