Outdoor Education | YMCA Camp Silver Beach
YMCA Camp Silver Beach offers the option of a 3–5 day program for our Overnight Outdoor Education program open to 4th–8th grade classrooms. We offer a customized program to best suit your school’s needs with class offerings in the categories of Science and Adventure Leadership.
Our curriculum is aligned with SOL and NGSS and provides hands-on field-based activities that bring the science classroom to life. The program is designed for students to build on critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Modern facilities situated on 150 acres of the Chesapeake Bay
- Programs that address academic content, Standards of Learning, and Next Generation Science
- Standards (NGSS)
- Open to 5th through 8th graders
- Passionate Experiential Educators with college degrees who are First Aid and CPR certified
- Parent information night with Q&A for parents and teachers alike (upon request)
- Meals are served buffet style in our dining hall
- Group size minimum is 15 students and maximum is 100.
- Schools provide chaperones for overnight supervision
- Camp Silver Beach is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA)
- 3 day/2night program (M-W or W-F) - $115 per student
- 4 day/3night program (M-R or T-F) - $156 per student
- 5 day/4 night program (M-F) - $202 per student
No fee for adults up to a 1:8 student ratio. YMCA Camp Silver Beach is now booking for both the current and up coming Academic School Year, book soon for priority dates.