Outdoor Education | YMCA Camp Silver Beach
YMCA Camp Silver Beach offers the option of a 3–5 day program for our Overnight Outdoor Education program open to 5th and 8th grade classrooms. We offer a customized program to best suit your school’s needs with class offerings in the categories of Science and Adventure Leadership.
Our curriculum is aligned with SOL and NGSS and provides hands-on field-based activities that bring the science classroom to life. The program is designed for students to build on critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Modern facilities situated on 150 acres of the Chesapeake Bay
- Programs that address academic content, Standards of Learning, and Next Generation Science
- Standards (NGSS)
- Open to 5th through 8th graders
- Passionate Experiential Educators with college degrees who are First Aid and CPR certified
- Parent information night with Q&A for parents and teachers alike (upon request)
- Meals are served buffet style in our dining hall
- Group size minimum is 15 students and maximum is 100.
- Schools provide chaperones for overnight supervision
- Camp Silver Beach is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA)
- 3 day/2night program (M-W or W-F) - $115 per student
- 4 day/3night program (M-R or T-F) - $156 per student
- 5 day/4 night program (M-F) - $202 per student
No fee for adults up to a 1:8 student ratio. YMCA Camp Silver Beach is now booking for both the current and up coming Academic School Year, book soon for priority dates.
Contact Liz Lomba, Senior Camp Director at YMCA Camp Silver Beach for more information: 757-442-4634