Preparing for Your Swim Lessons
PREPARING FOR UPCOMING LESSONS
Things you will need:
- Swimsuit and towel
- A way to tie loose hair back
- Non-potty-trained children must have a swim diaper with a swim cover (must have a gathered leg)
- Goggles (optional)
- Swim cap (optional)
- A lock (optional if using the locker room)
When you arrive at the Y, if you're a Y member, you will check in using your member barcode.
If you are not a Y member, you will stop by the Welcome Desk on your first visit. You will receive a program access card with a barcode number. You will use this card to check in each time you come to the Y for your lesson.
Locker rooms are available for use. If you would like to use a locker to store personal belongings, please bring a lock.
Parents with children ages 13 and younger are encouraged to use family locker rooms where available. These changing rooms are also available to those who require special assistance.
- Ages 13+ may use locker rooms without parent/guardian supervision.
- Ages 10-12 may use locker rooms without parent/guardian supervision, provided the parent/guardian is on the premises.
- Ages 4–9 may only use locker rooms under direct supervision of parent or supervising guardian.
To maximize our pool instruction time, please have your child use the restroom before the start of class.
Once you are checked in, proceed to the pool deck. You will see a Swim Lesson Check-In sign. Your instructor will meet you there.
- If the YMCA has to cancel swim lessons, you will receive a full refund.
- If you have to cancel after signing up for swim lessons prior to the start date, the YMCA will provide you with a 100% credit (good for three months) to be applied toward another program. Credits are valid for all YMCA services, but credits are nontransferable.
- No refunds or credits can be given if you cancel after the program begins
- If a lesson is cancelled by the Y, a makeup lesson will be offered if possible. Otherwise, a credit will be issued. Credits are valid for all YMCA services, but credits are nontransferable.
- No refund or credit can be given for a missed lesson due to participant circumstances.
In the event of severe weather, such as lightning and thunder, we will close the pool and cancel lessons. If it is storming 20 minutes before the start of a lesson, we will cancel that lesson. You may visit our Inclement Weather dashboard to view the pool status at any time. At times, inclement weather arrives unplanned and forces us to close the pool after lessons have begun. The weather changes quickly, as you know, so we try to minimize cancellations where possible.
Snow and ice may cause the YMCA to be closed or have a delayed opening and cause lessons to be canceled. Check for closures on our web page ymcashr.org, Facebook page, or Text the word YMCAALERT to 1-833-222-2118 to receive text message alerts. (You may unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP, standard text messaging rates apply.)
Need help with your swim lesson registration? Contact one of our team members, and we'll be happy to help!
|Great Bridge/Hickory Family YMCA||Thomas Kollerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 530-8559|
|Greenbrier Family YMCA||Naomi Andreemail@example.com||(757) 317-9111|
|Taylor Bend Family YMCA||Whitney Burkettfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 683-9622|
|Currituck Family YMCA||Jamie Xenosemail@example.com||(252) 203-5631|
|Eastern Shore Family YMCA||Tasha Lucyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 962-5525|
|Northampton County YMCA||Tasha Lucyemail@example.com||(757) 962-5525|
|Albemarle Family YMCA||Christina Weissfirstname.lastname@example.org||(252) 484-6240|
|James L. Camp Jr. Family YMCA||Elizabeth Williamsemail@example.com||(757) 447-5971|
|Blocker Norfolk Family YMCA||Nicole Vilefirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 609-0618|
|YMCA on Granby||Nicole Vileemail@example.com||(757) 609-0618|
|Outer Banks Family YMCA||Sam Willsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(252) 248-3563|
|Effingham Street Family YMCA||Shannon Dodsworthemail@example.com|
|YMCA of Portsmouth||Shannon Dodsworthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|YMCA of South Boston/Halifax County||Jacob Rossemail@example.com||(434) 212-5811|
|Suffolk Family YMCA||Christie Whitefirstname.lastname@example.org||
|Hilltop Family YMCA||Kristy Swebiliusemail@example.com||(757) 962-5544|
|Indian River Family YMCA||George Triepelfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 351-6003|
|Mt. Trashmore Family YMCA||Cheri Krawczykemail@example.com||(757) 632-3834|
|Princess Anne Family YMCA||Rachel Cruickshankfirstname.lastname@example.org||(757) 962-5521|
|YMCA at JT's Camp Grom||Phoebe Sullivanemail@example.com||(757) 530-8551|