Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:45–4:45pm
This group is for children who have completed swim lessons and are ready for an introduction to swimming. The four competitive strokes are introduced along with training drills, dives and games to make swimming a fun and interactive sport.
- Minimum age is 5
- Completion of YMCA Swim Test
- 25 yards/meters freestyle
- 25 yards/meters backstroke
- Ability to listen to a simple set of instructions, and have motivation to work for 45 minutes.
- Must attend 2 out of 3 practice sessions for attendance
- Introduction to competitive swimming and team building
- Learn streamlines and push-offs
- Swimmers taught freestyle side breathing, freestyle stroke technique, backstroke technique and awareness of the breaststroke and butterfly.
- Introduction to starts and turns and endurance building.
- Introduction to meets pending approval of the coach
- Water Bottle
- Swim Cap
$40/Month ($10 multi-swimmer discount)